The cost of caring for the elderly in a manner respectful of their dignity far exceeds the income received from the Residents’ pensions, Social Security and Medicaid.

Each year we must raise over 60% of our operating costs.

“How in the world do you survive?” people often ask us. Trust is the simple, yet radical answer. We trust in God’s Providence and the goodness of others to help us provide for the needs of the Residents at the Jeanne Jugan Little Sisters of the Poor home in San Pedro. This might seem like a dangerously naïve answer in today’s complex healthcare environment, but trust is what has sustained generations of Little Sisters for a total of over 110 years in Los Angeles.

Approximately 40% of the funds needed to operate Jeanne Jugan Home are generated by the Residents. The remaining 60% of the needed income is generated through fundraising – everything from direct mail campaigns, church collections, legacies and grants, to the AUX of LSOP fundraiser event we hold each year.

Your Gift is Essential!
Without your help we would be unable to serve the needy elderly of our community. There are many ways that you can help.

Opportunities for you to give:

  • Cash or Check: You can make your check payable to Little Sisters of the Poor and mail to:Little Sisters of Poor
    Jeanne Jugan Residence
    2100 S. Western Ave
    San Pedro, CA 90732
  • Online with credit card. Donate online by clicking here.
  • Telephone: Telephone: Please call 310-548-0625 and ask for the Development Office.
  • Estate or Planned Giving: Planned gifts can be made through a will, estate plan or a deferred gift such as an IRA or retirement fund, life insurance policy, or charitable trust. Donors are encouraged to consult with a financial advisor, accountant, or attorney prior to making a gift.
  • Memorials and Honorariums: Gifts may be made in memory or in honor of a special person in your life. When making such a gift, please remember to include the name of the deceased or the person you are honoring.
  • Matching Gifts: Some of our friends are able to increase their gifts to the Little Sisters once, twice, or even three times and more through their employer’s matching gift programs.
  • Wish List: Please see our wish list page for items that we are always needing to supplement our Residents’ needs such as personal care products, soft drinks, and gift cards.
  • United Way: Donations may be made to the Little Sisters of the Poor Jeanne Jugan Residence through United Way. Our designated code is: 26589.

For more information on how to support, please contact our Development Office.

Jeanne Jugan Little Sisters of the Poor San Pedro
2100 S. Western Ave San Pedro, CA 90732

Click here for our Privacy Policy.